Friday, October 24, 2014

About Me

Hello everyone,

I'm from China and my Chinese name is Feng Xie, but for convenience I always go by my English name Maple (because my given name's literal translation is maple). I just turned 22 this past Friday and I'm working on my teacher certificate and master's of C&I in NNU. I graduated this June,majored in English language. Growing up in a port city adjacent to Hong Kong and Macau, I have always been influenced and passionate about the western culture and the English language.


This is my second time in the states. I was exchange student in Central Connecticut State University for my junior year. Some people say I have New England accent and they call me "Connecticut Yankee". I enjoy travelling and so far I've hopped around the states quite a bit from the east coast to the west coast.  I live around campus in Nampa. I am not very much of an outdoor person, I enjoy watching movies, visiting museums and art galleries in my spare time. I also start to pick up cooking recently.


Teaching has been my dream career since I was a child.I worked as a teacher assistant for an Australian teacher to teach Chinese children. Currently I am doing field experience in Sherman Elementary School with first graders. I've been enjoying my time with them and I hope I can be a good teacher for children after I get my degree and teacher certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment