Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Digital Posters

Digital posters are an interactive way to introduce a subject to students. Teachers can create digital posters with text, images, videos,  hyperlinks to access webpages, and more for students to explore.  Students can learn more an element of his/her particular interest by simply clicking on the icon. 

I created a Glog about Mid-Autumn Festival, a traditional Chinese festival. For this digital poster, I used YouTube videos, images, links, and helpful graphics. It provides information about its origin, related legend, activities and special food, in an engaging way. This digital poster will help get student's interest as well as build some background knowledge.  I could also extend this activity and have my students make their own Glogsters on other Chinese festivals. 

Click here to view my Glog.

No comments:

Post a Comment